We had the roommate talk!!!

brokenhart2007

brokenhart2007

For those familiar with my on going soap opera with my roommate...last night we finally had the talk..about the lease anyway...

The subject of money came up, which led to what to do about the lease coming up...he said "I don't mind having you as a roommate...I like you..(Pause)...as a roommate"...I said cool. Then I said I just wish we could have a bigger place...it just slipped out of my mouth...then he got excited and started talking about the possibility of a bigger apartment. I told him I need a roommate at least until I'm done with school. He laughed and said he needs one for the rest of his life!

He also mentioned how it was easier when he lived with his Ex in a 2 bedroom, cuz then his kids had their own room...as opposed to now they don't, they have to basically share his room when they visit. I wonder if the idea of sharing a bedroom with me crossed his mind? Then last night he downloaded this song about falling in love with a friend! (If I Ever Fall In Love by Shai)....coincidence or all in my head!

So we established we like living together. But what am I getting myself into! Living with a man and his kids, makes it kinda hard to enjoy single life and I'm 30 yrs old. Surely he can see that. Surely he feels the same. If this isn't leading to what I hope it is, there is no point in living with him...deep down I think he MUST be wanting the same thing as I do, and we care about each other a lot...even though we can tick each other off sometimes we seem to get past those things easily. It just feels like we were meant to be together this way..but is there a chance that he is completely oblivious to all of this? Am I really just a roommate/friend to him?