I AM SO LOST! She said NO! but could she? because she still acts

Hey all fellow mates, I have just come across this great web site and I have this ongoing issue with this girl I wish to talk about and I am in great need of your help, so please do so, I really, truly appreciate it!

Well, I am in grade 9 and go to a high school in Vancouver, Canada. I recently moved into a new area this year of school and met this beautiful, clever girl. She was born in Canada, but her parents are from Hong Kong, but anyways she was in my science class last semester.

--- okay onto the point.......

I really, really love this girl to death for personal reasons, anyways I once got her a box of chocolate, a drawing or sketch i drew of her (which was actually really good), and this letter or note which i gave to her with a haiku poem written on it by me. A few days later, she was acting the same way around me, you know like a normal friend, saying hi and stuff. So i thought she hadn't noticed i like her, and was adviced by one of her friends to actually tell her that i like her in person, and so i did.

BUT she told me she dosent feel the same way about me and only thinks of me as a good friend. She said that and at the same time, whenever i see her or come across her, she always looks at me in the eyes and smiles and talks to me in such a great happy manner. Arent those signs that a girl likes you, but yet she told me she dosent.

is there a possibility that she does perhaps like me but dosent want me to know for her personal reasons, can that happen?

and one other thing, if she dosent actually like me then is it possible that she might later on in the future, i mean could she change her mind or can that happen, has that ever happen? ************please ignore this if you agree with the previous statement***

THANKS SO MUCH for all your help, i really do appreciate it all, any help is needed because i am really lost......i hope you understand!