Need some advice!!

Mary

About 6 months ago I started dating a guy who I have fallen in love with. We have made a commitment to each other and he says he loves me. We started out the relationship slowly because we both had come out of bad relationships in the past. He has 3 kids and I have none. He sees them probably 10 - 12 days in a month. We both work 6 days a week (sometimes he works more) but we don't see each other alot. I know it appears that we have our hands full but I still think he could make more of an effort to see me. We talk everyday but I have not seen him in a week. Last Saturday he mentioned we might see each other that night but he blew it off. Same with Sunday. Monday he had the kids, Tuesday and Wednesday cooking and cleaning, Thurday Thanksgiving with the kids and yesterday he mentioned meeting for dinner but never called!! Even with Thanksgiving (he was cooking for his kids) I still don't see why we couldn't have met for a quick dinner or something. How many nights do you have to clean the house!!?? I am thinking it comes down to the fact that in a relationship with someone I love that I need to see them more. I am thinking of breaking up with him because I need more. He seems to get defensive about it when I joke with him about not seeing him in a week. I have my own interests and responsibilities to keep me busy but I like to be with him and consider him an important part of my life. It feels like I spend 80% of my time on my own life and I feel like it should be more of a 50/50 between him and my own time alone. He tells me how much he loves me and missed me but the effort is not there. Any advice?

Hi Need some advice

Would it be inappropriate to say right now you are more in love with him, than he is with you? You know he has his kids. You know his life is full..you even say so. He works a lot and his kids. He's blown you off probably more than once. You also say you have your own interests. Try to work on those. Don't be in such a hurry to jump into your destiny. Take your time. Move slowly, and remember you cannot lost what is yours! P.S. Don't love him so much right now, as hard as it is on you give him space, be busy and unavailable. When he calls, let the machine answer it. A few days of this might have him scatching his head about you.

About 6 months ago I started dating a guy who I have fallen in love with. We have made a commitment to each other and he says he loves me. We started out the relationship slowly because we both had come out of bad relationships in the past. He has 3 kids and I have none. He sees them probably 10 - 12 days in a month. We both work 6 days a week (sometimes he works more) but we don't see each other alot. I know it appears that we have our hands full but I still think he could make more of an effort to see me. We talk everyday but I have not seen him in a week. Last Saturday he mentioned we might see each other that night but he blew it off. Same with Sunday. Monday he had the kids, Tuesday and Wednesday cooking and cleaning, Thurday Thanksgiving with the kids and yesterday he mentioned meeting for dinner but never called!! Even with Thanksgiving (he was cooking for his kids) I still don't see why we couldn't have met for a quick dinner or something. How many nights do you have to clean the house!!?? I am thinking it comes down to the fact that in a relationship with someone I love that I need to see them more. I am thinking of breaking up with him because I need more. He seems to get defensive about it when I joke with him about not seeing him in a week. I have my own interests and responsibilities to keep me busy but I like to be with him and consider him an important part of my life. It feels like I spend 80% of my time on my own life and I feel like it should be more of a 50/50 between him and my own time alone. He tells me how much he loves me and missed me but the effort is not there. Any advice?