I need some input! ideas ?!!

Ok so im gonna try to make this one short even though its a looong story.

Bassically, i met this guy a few years ago. We lived and worked together because of school and stuff. We dated for a month and then we broke up because he liked someone else even before he met me.

He broke up with me, yet he acted like I was the one who hurt him. He would mop around etc. Anyway, a lot of things happened during that year, which included him telling my roommate that he loved me but had messed up too bad to ever get back from it. Nothing i could do about it.

After a while i asked him if we could be friends, but he said he couldnt cuz it'd be too weird since we dated (funny cuz now he's really good friends with his ex, a girl he went out with after we dated, so his reasoning of being unable to be friends with an ex isnt really true)

Anyway, we had this crazy on and off friendly/hating thing going on for a long while until we both graduated. I moved in with a friend, who happened to be a friend of his too.

Now we're able to hang out more. Its been a few years since we dated so i figured its all over between us and we both moved on. He is really nice to me and we talk and joke a lot....unless we're alone.

This is when it gets weird. When we're with other people, we're cool, but when we're alone, get shuts down and seems to want to get away. I dont get it!!! I never got him actually. Can anyone give me some input as to why why why!!!! he acts like this?

I care about him a lot. he's a great guy and i want nothing more than having a nice friendship with him but, i just dont get why he's so afraid of me! Heeelp!

Not_That_Innocent

He probably still loves you and just doesn't know how to act or what to say unless he's with a group of people. Some people just aren't good communicators one on one, especially when there are unresolved feelings.

• Author

oh how i love that theory....

truth be told i still love him after all these years even though ive dated other men. But i wont get my hopes up, because even if he does love me, I know its just not gonna happen. I really do with we could be good friends though.