What is going through this guys mind?

ChloE

OK. I have a friend who is a guy. I am a girl. We're both about the same age (he's 17, I'm 16). I met him through a youth orchestra that we've both been in for a few years, and over the summer we became friends. We hung out probably only 2 or 3 times during the summer, but we talked some and I have considered him a friend since then.

This year we've been seeing a lot more of each other. It's really weird because we go to different high schools, yet I see him more than any of my friends (aside from my best friend). I've always thought he was kind of cute, and since we've started hanging out a lot he's gotten increasingly flirty with me, but I enjoy it. A lot of people tell me that he likes me, but I don't believe it. First of all, he always tells me about the girls he likes and he flirts with tons of other girls, too. Next, he told me what he "expected" of his friends who are girls and he said that they would be able to flirt and hold hands without it "meaning anything". Both of which we do, and I really dont notice or care most of the time (some people would be uncomfortable with what he does).

Also, we had a serious discussion once and at the end he told me that he trusted me and i mattered to him... Since then I have kind of liked him, but it feels weird because we're friends and I don't want to date him, I want to stay friends. I guess I just look forward to spending time with him.

I just wanted to know what people thought about this. I still haven't figured this out, maybe some guys can tell me if this means anything?

--ChloE

• 3 weeks later...
OK. I have a friend who is a guy. I am a girl. We're both about the same age (he's 17, I'm 16). I met him through a youth orchestra that we've both been in for a few years, and over the summer we became friends. We hung out probably only 2 or 3 times during the summer, but we talked some and I have considered him a friend since then. This year we've been seeing a lot more of each other. It's really weird because we go to different high schools, yet I see him more than any of my friends (aside from my best friend). I've always thought he was kind of cute, and since we've started hanging out a lot he's gotten increasingly flirty with me, but I enjoy it. A lot of people tell me that he likes me, but I don't believe it. First of all, he always tells me about the girls he likes and he flirts with tons of other girls, too. Next, he told me what he "expected" of his friends who are girls and he said that they would be able to flirt and hold hands without it "meaning anything". Both of which we do, and I really dont notice or care most of the time (some people would be uncomfortable with what he does). Also, we had a serious discussion once and at the end he told me that he trusted me and i mattered to him... Since then I have kind of liked him, but it feels weird because we're friends and I don't want to date him, I want to stay friends. I guess I just look forward to spending time with him. I just wanted to know what people thought about this. I still haven't figured this out, maybe some guys can tell me if this means anything?

--ChloE

If you only want to stay friends, then by all means just keep it that way. You don't want to fill you head and heart with a lot of unneccesary "crap" that you'll only have to sort out later. The guys may not tell you this, but you can imagine what the boy is after.