Should I go out with him? A sort of friend of mine.

Is he interested? A sort of friend of mine.

There is this guy who I've known for a few years. We hang out in the same group of friends and he has actually liked me before. We've never actually been friends per se, and when he liked me at that point I was not interested in going out with him. He stopped talking to me for awhile because of it, which pissed me off. I'm still kind of pissed.

But the other week at a party I found myself getting interested, mainly because at that party he seemed to be more confident. He was actively persuing me. Night ended with me sort of interested, and now I find myself actually wanting to date him. But I don't know if he is still interested...Arrgh I'm confused. Should I go after him?

It might mess with my friend group too. I also know what kind of guy he is, and he has liked a few girls before. He always comes back to me though, and does the whole not talking thing while he does. Do I want to go out with a guy like that???

To me, he appears to be immature and plays games and that sort of thing. It's just things that you've said and the vibe I get while reading your words. If you're not into games and that level of maturity then I'd suggest you stay away.

• Author

You're dead right, Thor. Thanks heaps :) I usually don't indulge in things like this, relationship stuff. Its messy.

nocturnal_kiss

On the other hand you could just try one date for curiosity's sake. Tell him you're just going out as friends if you don't want the group dynamic messed up. Just test the waters, so to speak.