Will he stop abusing me?

girlwithsomechoices

girlwithsomechoices

I have been told that the regular swearing, sarcasm ect, even if I have made a mistake or upset my partner is abuse and not normal. It has allways upsett me and now Im looking to improve our relationship and us both as individuals. Im attending councelling and on meds, for myself I'd like some tips on remembering specifics from converstaion. Im most intersted in some tips to reduce the expolsions of emotion my partner has and close the gap between the extremes ie Love you v I wish Id never met you, I had a brilliant day, and a lovely evening with my kids v Im a failiure at everything even my kids don' like me....

I'd like us to have a calm, respectful, equal relationship with will stand the test of time.

LucreziaBorgia

Is he getting help too? If he isn't getting help for his abusive behavior then it isn't likely to stop, and there is very little if nothing at all that you can do or say to change that. While it is good you are getting help, it makes me sad to see that you are the one getting the help and taking the medication as if it is somehow your fault that he is abusing you and you feel that you are the one who needs to change and work on things so that he will stop.

You need to consider leaving until he gets counselling then. Not all counsellors are good ones or right. He needs another one. What does your counsellor say? And don't just walk out the door. Have an emergency change of clothes and toilet items either in your car or at a relatives or friends house. Save some money so you have ememgercy stash.

The abuse stops when you decide you aren't gonna put up with it anymore.

There is nothing loving about abuse.