His parents are ruining Christmas!!

Gracie

I'm in a long-term, soon to be non-long-term relationship. We have been together for about 5 months. My boyfriend was going to come here for christmas with my family tonight (the 20th). My family changed their plans to fit his family's plans so that he and I could be with his family for christmas. His dad told him today to stay home for the weekend to help him cleam up some house that he bought. This seems SO SELFISH to me and it makes me really mad!! I want zach to come against his dad's orders. In my eyes, his dad is just being rediculous!! This is Christmas!! What does everyone else think?

If, indeed, his father was told of the arrangements as still insisted his son remain home this weekend, his father is a super butthole. However, your boyfriend is rightly obligated to honor the wishes of his father if he is still living with his family.

I wouldn't break up with somebody over this. Yes, it was extremely inconsiderate of his father but your boyfriend has no control over this. It seems his father is very strict and overbearing...that's really too bad.

I'm sure your guy feels extremely bad about this. However, if you always hold things against people who aren't really responsible...knock yourself out and give him walking papers.

This is an unfortunate incident and I know you're disappointed.. However, considering the number of people who have nobody special during the holidays...and considering the number of people who died in auto accidents on the way to work this morning....I think this situation will blow over once you put it in perspective.

Life doesn't always happen ideally or as we would like it to. To the extent that we can adapt to what actually happens is the extent to which we live happy, fulfilling lives.