Re: Can we be saved?

helpme

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years now. He is older than I and he has 2 children from a previous marriage. I am at the point where I want to start planning a family. All I really want is one child. Being that he already has two, it is a harsh subject. He does not want anymore children. He's told me that he would have a child with me because he knows that I want one but I'm scared to do that because I know that he really does not want one nor does he really care for children (for lack of better words). The problem is that the reason I want a child is because I met him and I'm desperately in love with him. I don't want to have a child with anyone else. I don't feel that this is really a matter of compromise because you can't have half a child! So, can you offer any advice?

Thanks for the advice on my post. From my view, it is a bit complicated that you really want a child and he is not particularly interested, especially since there are some from the previous marriage and he is not particularly fond of children. If you do have one with him, don't be surprised if the child becomes a point of contention in the future. Be careful because you both must have a truly solid commitment to have and raise a child in a loving environment.

I agree with 'help me' but I also think if you only want one child then you really should find someone else especially since he doesn't even really want the kids hes already got. Just because someone can have children doesn't mean they should.