Jealous Friend

I have been dating this guy for about two months now. He is not the problem...it is one of my close guy friends. I had a huge crush on my guy friend for probably about a year and he knew I liked him but never did anything about it and basically said he wasn't interested in a relationship. So that was fine...whatever...I moved on. Since I have been with this new guy, my friend has almost altogether stopped talking to me and is acting very jealous that I have a boyfriend now. I confronted him about it last week and he was fine for a day or two but then went back to acting jealous and not speaking to me. I am just confused because he is the one who told me that he didn't like me in that way but then why is he acting so jealous?? I tried to make plans to go out over the weekend and he said in a pretty snippy tone,"Is your boy coming?" I don't know what to make of all this...could it be that he did like me and that is why he is so jealous now that I have moved on??

VirtualInsanity
I have been dating this guy for about two months now. He is not the problem...it is one of my close guy friends. I had a huge crush on my guy friend for probably about a year and he knew I liked him but never did anything about it and basically said he wasn't interested in a relationship. So that was fine...whatever...I moved on. Since I have been with this new guy, my friend has almost altogether stopped talking to me and is acting very jealous that I have a boyfriend now. I confronted him about it last week and he was fine for a day or two but then went back to acting jealous and not speaking to me. I am just confused because he is the one who told me that he didn't like me in that way but then why is he acting so jealous?? I tried to make plans to go out over the weekend and he said in a pretty snippy tone,"Is your boy coming?" I don't know what to make of all this...could it be that he did like me and that is why he is so jealous now that I have moved on??

Missy,

If your attached, why do you care what the other guy thinks?

Of course he's jealous.

Even though he said he didn't want a relationship with you, he still sees you as his "property".

• Author
Missy,

If your attached, why do you care what the other guy thinks?

We have been friends for a couple years and I don't want to lose our friendship. But the way he is acting I think it will come to that. :(