What to do...or nothing?

Jeremia

I am in a bit of a bind with a girl I met about a month ago.

When we met, there was an strong attraction which lasted throughout the night (we were in a dance club).

She told me where she worked and asked me to contact her so we could go out. I went in to see her and the chemistry was so strong we could barely talk to one another. I asked her out and she accepted. We had lunch on two occasions and they both went very, very, well.

The problem is, I can't get her to call me or even return my calls. When I do get in touch with her she's very enthusiastic, tells me she'll call me, and then never does.

I have sent her cards, flowers, and small gifts to try and let her know how much I like her and want to see her again.

She has told me she doesn't have an home-phone, and also that she has been having some relatively serious dental problems and has been sick alot lately. She even cancelled our first date arrangements.

Is she playing games with me or should I take her at her word and be patient? I really, really, like this young lady and have even told her verbally that I don't want to pressure her or to do anything which would mess things up.

It seems to me that if she's interested, she'd take the effort to contact me. Especially when she has told me she would. Am I assuming or expecting too much?

What should I do?