That said, I have met people who are truly soulmates. By that I mean they rock each other to the inner core, and more.

They just "get" each other and love to be around each other still.

I believe in a soulmate type of concept, but not in the sense of a lover/sex/marriage. I believe there are people out there that you just 'get' and who 'get' you, all the way, without explanation, a natural and total match in understanding each other. I've met a few people like that in my life, but they are my best friends - male and female - and have never been lovers. I'm sure a soul mate can also be a lover, but I don't think of soul mates as automatically being only people you fall in love with.

Unfortunately, I think what many people consider as soul mates is merely in-love hormones and chemistry and the initial excitement of a new relationship.

Teddy and Jane

When I think of a "soulmate," romantic relationshipwise, I mean...I think of a man who would be by your side if you were in a terrible accident or got cancer....I always think that when I'm in a relationship with someone....is he the kind who will be there for me no matter what? That to me is a soulmate.

Teddy and Jane
I believe in a soulmate type of concept, but not in the sense of a lover/sex/marriage. I believe there are people out there that you just 'get' and who 'get' you, all the way, without explanation, a natural and total match in understanding each other. I've met a few people like that in my life, but they are my best friends - male and female - and have never been lovers. I'm sure a soul mate can also be a lover, but I don't think of soul mates as automatically being only people you fall in love with.

Unfortunately, I think what many people consider as soul mates is merely in-love hormones and chemistry and the initial excitement of a new relationship.

The best, most satisfying relationships are going to be ones where you are in love with a soulmate.

When I think of a soulmate, I think of a cellmate.

Any one in particular? The one with the tattoo on his arse? Or the one with the scary scar across his forehead?

yes. notice their soulmates are never total losers or stuck in wheel chairs. interesting, that.

Why? anything is possible

pelagicsands
Any one in particular? The one with the tattoo on his arse? Or the one with the scary scar across his forehead?

I think I could handle being locked up with you.

• Author
I think I could handle being locked up with you.

She could be your...ball and chain.

She could be your...ball and chain.

:lmao: :lmao:

I'd prefer to be joined at the hips.

Hey, I'm not anyone's ball and chain! And....I can't think of another witty comback.

I've seen a couple who has low intelligence, isn't normal in our eyes, but they totally merged in each other's love, very cute, they don't care how others look at them or they don't have that ability to know. I think they are happier than rest of us

pelagicsands
I don't know...do you "get" me?

I know you better than you know yourself. I can unlock all of your deepest desires. Trust me, and bend over.

I know you better than you know yourself. I can unlock all of your deepest desires. Trust me, and bend over.

You had me until that last bit.

dropdeadlegs

I don't believe in a soul mate. Why? Because I've lived long enough to stop believing in fairy tales, Santa Clause, and quite possibly God. A soul mate is something out of a Harlequin Romance book.

I do, however, believe in James Brown, the Godfather of Soul.

I also believe this post would be funnier if pelagicsands had written it.

burning 4 revenge
I don't believe in a soul mate. Why? Because I've lived long enough to stop believing in fairy tales, Santa Clause, and quite possibly God. A soul mate is something out of a Harlequin Romance book.

I do, however, believe in James Brown, the Godfather of Soul.

I also believe this post would be funnier if pelagicsands had written it.

where have you been? ive missed you :(
dropdeadlegs
where have you been? ive missed you :(

Awwww, isn't that sweet? :love: I was only gone for 29 hours.

I would like to point out that I do believe in sole mates. My shoes have always been pleasantly paired up from birth right up until their eventual death. No cheating, no divorcing, none of that garbage. They don't even look at another shoe.

burning 4 revenge
Awwww, isn't that sweet? :love: I was only gone for 29 hours.

I would like to point out that I do believe in sole mates. My shoes have always been pleasantly paired up from birth right up until their eventual death. No cheating, no divorcing, none of that garbage. They don't even look at another shoe.

oh, i swear i havent seen you in months

you mean your 5" black patent leather stiletto pumps with those sexy ankle straps?

dropdeadlegs
oh, i swear i havent seen you in months

I'm often told that the hours away from me feel like months. :lmao:

you mean your 5" black patent leather stiletto pumps with those sexy ankle straps?

Ouch! 5" is a bit hard on the insole, but I can go for 4".

That said, I like my "soul mate" a bit longer than that. A little girth is nice, too.

And doesn't "soul mate" imply that one HAVE a soul? I've dated some pretty soul-less men in my time.

And doesn't "soul mate" imply that one HAVE a soul? I've dated some pretty soul-less men in my time.

hey, you picked 'em DDL, not us :laugh:

dropdeadlegs
hey, you picked 'em DDL, not us :laugh:

Yes, I did. (Sigh.) They were all my "soul mate's." :p