MESSED UP

MARLA

I just got out of an abusive relationship and started dating again. I was married for about two years and i dont realy want to start seriously but i met a guy and he treats me good but he seems very distant and depressed about something the last few times that we went out. i am realy thinking about trying to make it work out but im afraid that he is just playing with my heart and dont realy like me. he is having some problems at home because his mother dont like me and even though i have tried to be friends with her she still acts as if i am trash and i know thats hard on him. can anyone help me please i just dont know what to do?????

I just got out of an abusive relationship and started dating again. I was married for about two years and i dont realy want to start seriously but i met a guy and he treats me good but he seems very distant and depressed about something the last few times that we went out. i am realy thinking about trying to make it work out but im afraid that he is just playing with my heart and dont realy like me. he is having some problems at home because his mother dont like me and even though i have tried to be friends with her she still acts as if i am trash and i know thats hard on him. can anyone help me please i just dont know what to do?????

First of all, you should really make sure that you're ready to pursue a new relationship. Allow yourself as much time as you need to heal from the old relationship. If this guy is not available emotionally, then you should leave him alone because it sounds like you really need a friend as well as a lover. If he can not communicate with you then maybe it's in your best interest to find someone new.

If this problem with him not communicating with you is a new thing and just for the past few days, then allow him some time and tell him that you would like him to trust in you with whatever it is that's bothering him and that you'll give him some time to think it over. But don't allow the lack of communication to continue.

As far as his mother, what can I say? If you've tried, then try a bit longer and maybe she'll come around. IF she decides not to come around, then just let her be. Everyone who is decent, deserves to be treated decently. If she continues to treat you badly, keep your distance from her. He's not dating his mother, he's dating you! If he can't divide the two relationships, then he has a problem.

Good luck!

Marla

I have been married to one loser after another my whole life. If you have to "try to make it work out", it won't. I can tell by your email what your "gut feeling" is telling you. Go with it.

Judy