Prom is going to be awkward!

Ok... This girl was close friends of mine. I thought she liked me so I told her I liked her. She said "IDK, I thought of us in that way, but then I'd think about our friendship being ruined." That means I don't like you and your in the friend zone. I don't even like her anymore, but we are going to prom together. I try to talk to her still, because I did NC for awhile when she said that to me. I told her that she has been not talking to me and if something was up. She said "Idk mike, I' not doing it on purpose...". I Imed her and she ignored me. We are going to prom and I bought the tickets and paid for the limo already and its gonig to be a small group of people. We are sharing a hotel room for after prom.... I think this is going to be beyond awkward....... Is there anything I can do?

• Author

She wouldn't say that even if she didn't want to I already paid for everything, the rooms for the after party, the tickets, and the limo.

You paid fully for everything ahead of time? Hotels allow you to cancel reservations without a penalty if you do it a certain amount of time before the night. Limo services are the same. You can potentially try to sell your tickets to someone else who hasn't bought tickets yet...maybe at a small discount.

Anyway, so what if you did pay? It sounds like you two would have a horrible time, so just tell her you're getting the impression that you'd both be better off not going together. Then, if she ends up with another date, you can ask someone else. Who knows...maybe someone else already asked her, but she said no because you asked first.

• Author

It's like a group thing. Like we have the same friends. i'm not in charge of the hotels and limos. If I backed out, I would be snaking over my friend, then she would have to pay for it because there was a contract involved.