When I was young... I was sexually abused.

lonelylissa

lonelylissa

Hi everyone,

I'm not a frequent poster. I posted awhile ago about my relationship and how we broke up. We got back together and everything is great. We started becoming open again and then I fell into my depression again. He didn't know why. I never told him. But I finally got the courage to tell him and he fully understands and supports me and will do anything he can to help me get through it. What brought me back to this depression (well, it's not the sad, deep depression I was in when I was younger. It is a sad reminder but I know i'll get past in within a few weeks. Hopefully). I saw this short film produced in my town. It was a Remi Award winning short film and it really spoke out to me.

When I was about 6, I was sexually abused. By a close family friend. I didn't understand it and I didn't know why it had to happen to me. I told my mum and dad and they immediately took that guy to court. I have wonderful parents who believed in me and did anything to help make it better. I went to counselling, group sessions, etc. I met other kids who's parents didn't support them.

This video just shot at the heart and I wanted everyone to watch it.

*WARNING: IT'S REALLY GRAPHIC AND RAW. BUT THAT'S WHAT SEXUAL ABUSE IS.*

I hope that by watching this video people step up and not be afraid to be the voice! I'm so glad that my parents did that. I don't know where i'd be if they just turned their backs on me.

*I am in no way affiliated with this company, I just really enjoyed the film and thought that it should be seen by millions*

Thank you and keep supporting the fight against sexual abuse! I knew what it did to me when my family was supportive, I can only imagine how it could've been if they wern't.

http://blip.tv/file/180282?filename=SteveCosmic-CamGirlTheMovie661.flv

Thanks!!

amaysngrace

Well that really sucked.

It's true that no matter how much you deal with it if you think about it you will cry. I hope someday that will change though.