Do You Think This Person Is "IN" to me?

I have been dying to ask a bunch of strangers this question, so I hope a lot of people respond. I have asked several people I know and they are all giving me the same answer, so fresh perspectives from people I don't know will be great!

I am a single guy and I want to know if you all think this other guy that I work with may have a "thing" for me. First of we are both young and attractive, but he's married. I know people say that just because he is married doesn't mean anything, but he does not seem like the type of guy that would ever cheat on his wife, ever!!

There are a couple of reasons I'm suspicious he may have a "thing" for me. First of all, every time I talk to him, my fellow co-worker always says, oh my God you guys were just totally flirting with each other, but I think nothing of it. She tells me that I'm flirting with him, he's into it and is flirting back.

Second, every time he talks to me he can't stop smiling. I have seen the way he talks to other people and he doesn't act this way with them at all. He is very nice to other people, but he talks normal to them. I have noticed that with me he cannot stop smiling.

Third, I was working at a customer service desk and he brought me a folder one day and came behind the desk and put his arm around my chair while he was explaining to me what was in the folder. My co-worker saw this and said, oh my God. I asked her what and she said, he never does that with anyone, he never comes behind the desk and she pointed out he had his arm around my chair. She then said that he is so into me.

Fourth, there have been times when I have caught him just staring at me. Now granted, he stares at a lot of people, but once a co-worker actually saw him look around to find me when I was headed down to his end on the building. When I look down at him, after he stares at me, he then looks away.

Finally, something that happend not too long ago. I had to call down to him and ask him about some of his mail that I received. When he picked up the phone I looked down at him and I said, oh I can see you. There was a girl infront of me and he used a hand motion to kind of tell her to sit back so he could see me. When she sat back, he said, "now I can see your whole face." It just didn't seem like something a straight, married guy would say to another guy. Then we continued to look at each other for almost the rest of the conversation. After we got off the phone he came down to my desk to talk to this lady we work with and he kind of ignored me. So, I thought maybe he was embarrassed about what he said.

Again, he is newly married to a girl who he told me was his high school sweatheart. I know what people I know have told me, but I was wondering, from outside perspectives, what strangers I didn't know think of this. Do you think he may just be overly nice to me? Or, does he maybe have a "thing" for me? And if so, how would I find out for sure without telling him I, even though I'm straight, may be interested?

BlueEyedSarah

If you say you may be intrested then it would couase problems for him and he's wife ect... Don't think of doing anything more with this guy. Also you say your not sure if you would do anything or you feel you would, your just curious about your sexuality, don't play along if it will hurt people.

I think this whole situation sounds like something out of the TV show friends... Chandlers boss was being all buddy with Chandler and spanking him, ect.

I think this guy is just wanting to be buddies with you.

And the comments this guy says may be because others have commented on him having a thing for you and it is being punched in your mind to look at these little comments as hints and something more.

He may not do the same things with you like with other girls because he is married and may not want to stire up something more with the other girl co-workers. Who knows how he's wife would react to him smiling and having a 'good time' around female co-workers. Especially if she is a jealous type.

I don't really see from your post of him flirting with you...

Maybe others may disagree with me though.

Not_That_Innocent

I'm a flirt and to me this sounds like flirting. Whether he is into you, I don't know. Maybe he's just a natural flirt. But it definitely seems like he's flirting with you.

shadowofman

Hey, for all you know, this guy's wife might be into it. Maybe! It could be a two for one deal.

I say test the waters.