It makes me feel awkward

My girlfriend has been living in a house that has an indoor hot tub. She likes to go skinny dipping, (if that's the right term for a hot tub) and I have joined her on more than one occasion. The last time we did this, she invited two of her girl friends join us. I feel fine being naked with my girlfriend, but I felt uncomfortable in front of her friends. Her friends felt it necessary to wear swimming suits, because they felt self conscious, but my girlfriend expected me to be ok with going in the nude. She said she had no problem with it and didn't know why I would. I went along with my girlfriends wishes, but I felt awkward. Is it my hangup, or is this kind of strange?

That definately sounds a little strange to me. She should respect your wishes and personal boundaries enough to allow you to do wht feels most comfortable for you.

My girlfriend has been living in a house that has an indoor hot tub. She likes to go skinny dipping, (if that's the right term for a hot tub) and I have joined her on more than one occasion. The last time we did this, she invited two of her girl friends join us. I feel fine being naked with my girlfriend, but I felt uncomfortable in front of her friends. Her friends felt it necessary to wear swimming suits, because they felt self conscious, but my girlfriend expected me to be ok with going in the nude. She said she had no problem with it and didn't know why I would. I went along with my girlfriends wishes, but I felt awkward. Is it my hangup, or is this kind of strange?