mono vs poly

Naboh

Granted that is one kind of attachment. There are other definitions in the English language and to be clarify what I mean by attachment try this on and I'll post shortly the Star Wars version of what the word can imply (as soon as I dig it up)

I am speaking English, I think it's just the usage you don't like?

I'm not even going to comment on what I think about that.

Don't mesh the english language, attachment between people is defined as I mentioned above. If you would like to describe what you really mean, try a different word.

[color=green]Hygenic steps could be taken, I think[/color]

what? "Hold the ick, please?" :D:D:D

heck Tony, if those women were devious, they'd be asking for real estate or equal rights, forget the diamonds!

HokeyReligions
Originally posted by Naboh

Seems like I only ever know heart ache after I allow myself to fall for somebody.

However, if I just date and appreciate more than one woman, I don't find I get so damn lonely when I have a disagreement with another. And we don't get bored with each other.

What's wrong with that, as long as I'm up front about it from the start. Last woman I knew said she was ok with that, then proceeded to win my heart (not fair) :-)

So are there womaen who feel the same way, or are they all after monogamy?

What is the advantage to monogamy, other than a false sense of security? - John

There is nothing at all wrong with that. It's called Dating. You are upfront about not making a commitment and there are lots of women who feel the same.

Before I was married I dated a lot. The guys I dated, dated other too and sometimes we would run into each other when we were with different dates. It was no big deal, we had no commitments. I went steady with two guys before I met my husband. In both cases we decided, while dating others, that we wanted to make a commitment to see each other exclusively. When another guy would call and ask me out I would tell him that I was dating-steady. It wasn't a big deal at all. It's the best way to meet people and get to know them.

But no one can know or control that fine line when you suddenly realize that you are in-love with someone and don't want to see anyone else. A broken heart is the risk we take.

I like what you said about a "false" sense of security. Divorce is so prevalent now that a marriage certificate doesn't mean much. But laws and taxes are designed around marriaged people and families and some of those benefits alone are worth the little piece of paper. Also, it's a declaration that you have made a commitment to one person, and marriage has different meanings in different religions.

BTW: when I said "dated" I meant just that. I did not have sex with my dates. I think one big reason people have so many heartaches is that intense physical relationship is different for everyone and it's usually undefined within a relationship.

• Author

Dear HR,

If Your outside is as intersting as your inside and if you wern't happily married and if you wer't way down in Texas, if all these were not the case, I'd ask you out. You are a delight to that cinder I call my brain. Thanks. - John