for the girls

barry

are some women really afraid of relationships? I am seeing one who will not commit, not that I push the issue. I never say anything about it.

We will date for a week at a time spend alot of time, be intimate. then she will pull away for days (not answer calls etc...) Only to repeat the process again. She has some issues but, what gives?

She will make contact again,and say she,s sorry. When we start to get close it happens again. This has been the pattern. I have discussed it with her and she is aware of her pattern. this has been the situation for many months with a few moths break where we did not speak.

Are there people who are truly afraid of having real feelings for someone else?

Barry

sounds like she's been burned by someone before. While she may enjoy being with you, once she starts thinking about y'alls relationship, she spooks and stops being with you until she can get comfortable with the idea of being with you again.

or maybe it's guilt? sometimes a person can be with someone they really enjoy, then when they become physically intimate with that person, they feel a sort of guilt -- what they've done is immoral, or they're hung up on someone else, or they can't believe they've ruined a perfectly good friendship by bringing sex in the picture. however, the only way you'll ever figure out the mystery is to have a heart-to-heart with the girl.

Females, just like males, can be afraid of relationships. The problem is, she needs to realize that jumping in and out of a relationship won't help her problem. You need to quit enabling her to avoid her feelings, by telling her not to come into contact with you until she is serious and ready to act like mature person in a mature relationship.

I have been there, and now that I've actually forced myself to be single, I don't really see now what my problem was in the first place. It hurts to face the music, but nearly as much as we think. And it actually starts getting easy to deal with. Encourage her to do this.

ThisGirlNameKD

Females are also like males in that they may want the intimacy (sex) without the relationship. You need to discern at what point in the relationship does she start to walk away? Is it after you had sex, or after you may bring up some issue about commitment? If you notice a pattern, you should talk to her about it if you want more out of a relationship. This one may not be the one for you.