Does my guy friend like me or is he flirting with me if . . .

when we're standing outside a mall he says "you do know where I'm coming from DON'T you?" and then later points out Mars and Venus and stares at me and smiles?

Thanks, I'm new here.

This_Too_Shall_Pass

Just that one sentence? It doesn't mean a thing!

It could be a friendly / flirtatious joke. Light-hearted flirting is equivalent to joking, these days. Don't read too much into it unless you have other evidence to back up your belief that he's into you.

Trialbyfire

There's no doubt he's flirting with you but whether it's meaningful, is another thing. Wait for more approaches, specifically, if he asks you out. In the interim, if you like his flirting, play along. It can be fun. :)

Could have been his way of flirting, but if so he should get a new way...going by just that doesn't say much at all about what he's doing with you.

when we're standing outside a mall he says "you do know where I'm coming from DON'T you?" and then later points out Mars and Venus and stares at me and smiles?

Thanks, I'm new here.

I don't really get the joke unless its pertaining to something else that was said before..it might help to know

• Author

Sorry. We were talking about how fake and sneaky some people are, and how you can never tell what they really mean. And no, this isn't the first thing like this he's ever said--he says stuff like this every few months. Sometimes he seems to get frustrated or something a few minutes later. I just can't figure him out. He's asked me if I like him (I laughed it off), but never asked me out officially (although we have gone places alone) or told me he likes me. Plus sometimes I ask him to go places with my friends and he says no.

Sorry. We were talking about how fake and sneaky some people are, and how you can never tell what they really mean. And no, this isn't the first thing like this he's ever said--he says stuff like this every few months. Sometimes he seems to get frustrated or something a few minutes later. I just can't figure him out. He's asked me if I like him (I laughed it off), but never asked me out officially (although we have gone places alone) or told me he likes me. Plus sometimes I ask him to go places with my friends and he says no.

He likes you. I think his talking about not knowing what people mean is hinting you should tell him whether you like him. Maybe you should tell him hahah.

Trialbyfire

The next time he asks you if you like him, look at him flirtatiously from under your eyelashes at an angle while smiling a little and say to him "Well, it depends on whether or not you like me. Now if you like me, I might like you back. If you don't, then probably not." Shrug a bit while you're saying it. Come on, you can play it up and have a little fun. Don't take life so seriously. :laugh: