Am I setting myself up for heart ache??

My bf and I have decided that we want to stay together despite the 9 year age diference, and the 600 + miles that seperate us. He's made it clear that he wants to marry me but lately it seems he never has time for us anymore, is our relationship falling apart or is this something that all relationsships go through??

Hi Dani, I think if your boyfriend has made it clear that he wants to marry you, then don't worry too much yet. I also don't think that distance and age is a problem either, because real love in my opinion, will overcome those supposed "obstacles". I know it can be a little nerve wracking sometimes, but why don't you speak to him about this, and let him know how you are feeling? Tell him that you love him heaps, and that you don't want to appear unnecessarily insecure, but that you feel that your relationship with him is being somewhat neglected by him at the moment. Ask him for a little reassurance, because we ALL need that occasionally, particularly in our intimate relationships where we often feel the most vulnerable. Also, (if I may say), it is my experience that we women frequently neglect our own lives, friends, family, interests, etc., when involved in a relationship. Our focus on "them" sometimes becomes all consuming, and occasionally we worry over things that we don't always have to worry about. I recognize this Dani, because I've done this, (I'm not saying that this IS what you are doing), but I've driven away two men because of my unwarranted nagging concerns. So, please know, I'm not dismissing your feelings or your concerns at all, I'm just saying, that if you can Dani, try not to do that. Be proud of the woman you are, live your life to the fullest and stay involved in YOUR life...the life that is "separate" from him, so to speak. Two things might occur: One: You will become so involved in your own life, your friends, etc., that any worries you had over your boyfriend will just ebb away and you'll eventually get married and live happily. Or, Two: Worst case scenario, you two will drift apart, and you will still live very happily because your life will be full AND fulfilling. All the best, Julie.

My bf and I have decided that we want to stay together despite the 9 year age diference, and the 600 + miles that seperate us. He's made it clear that he wants to marry me but lately it seems he never has time for us anymore, is our relationship falling apart or is this something that all relationsships go through??