Do not know if this goes here or in another forum?

I am married and love my wife and young daughter very much. I am 42 years older than daughter and my wife is 38 years older than daughter.

Now my dilemma is, is that I want to make sure my daughter is with someone, a lot younger than us, in case something happens to my wife or both of us. We are not in the best of health, so it is a concern of mine to make arrangements now, just in case.

I know a young women, that is 1/2 my age, my wife does not know her, but I get along with her and think, if she accepted, she would make a great

MOM-Guardian for our daughter, I have not asked her or talked to my wife about this yet.

If I was single and around age of person I know, I would ask her out, that is how much respect I have for her. As said would have to be around her age and single, as I would never cheat on wife.

Should I ask her and then talk to wife or visa versa, as of now we have no one stipulated to look after daughter in case of the death of both of us?

LucreziaBorgia

Talk to your wife first, a lawyer second, and the person you BOTH chose third.

I'd echo those sentiments; it needs to be something you and your wife decide together and you need to consider all implications. Depending on the age of your daughter I think she should have some input at a point too.

whichwayisup

Yes, talk to your wife. She needs to meet this younger woman IF she is chosen to be a guardian for your daughter.

Do you two have extended family? Cousins, brothers, sisters? Family friends?

whichwayisup
I know a young women, that is 1/2 my age, my wife does not know her, but I get along with her and think, if she accepted, she would make a great

in case something happens to my wife

Yes, you've posted this in the wrong part of the forum, should be under the family or parenting section. Posting in this section will make others (myself included) who the younger woman is and how she is involved in your life...Especially if you plan on having her as a guardian if something were to happen to your wife, and not you...

• Author
Yes, you've posted this in the wrong part of the forum, should be under the family or parenting section. Posting in this section will make others (myself included) who the younger woman is and how she is involved in your life...Especially if you plan on having her as a guardian if something were to happen to your wife, and not you...

This is intended in case somthing happens to both of us mainly, if something happened to me, my wife and daughter (less than years old), would be well looked after, if something happened to wife, I would need help still looking after daughter, since I work a fair distance from home, so if this was the case, person I would ask, would be for dropping daughter off at school, picking up etc., until I got home. But if something happened to both of us, this person would have a more important role to play. I have posted my thoughts of cheating in another topic on the forum website.

As far as family goes, my side are two old and my wife's side of family we would not let them raise her under any circumstances.

Also if person said no, then we are in real bind, if something happened to both of us.

I myself think, I posted this in wrong forum, so will asked to move, if they will.

TMH