HELP! I'M TOO ATTACHED!

Maxine

Hi everyone..I'm new at this..But I need help..I'm a 16 year old female, and until recently, had not been familiar with the pain that love can bring. I had been going out with my boyfriend Mark for 6 monthes. We started going out last spring break..and we made it through the summer and into this new school year. I broke it off about 3 monthes ago..cuz I thought that I wasn't happy with the relatioship. I knew I had lost a good man..but I thought my happiness would be worth it. I wasn't happy because he is straightedge..which means no alcohol or drugs...I'm not saying I'm a druggy..but at the time I smoked cigarettes and drank with my friends every now and then. He would not let me do what I want, and therefore I grew unhappy.

During the three monthes without Mark, I grew very depressed. I realized that partying didn't make me happy at all..I drank still..and everytime I did I would just end up crying and depressed..But lately..he dumped his girlfriend Samantha that he went out with for about a month..and he started talking to me..and he'd call me..ask me if I'd chill with him...but now with sports I'm busy..and I can't hang out with him. This xmas eve EVE,I was talking to him and crying to him that I wanted to be with him..and he say he "needed time to think about things". Well now recently I have heard that he used to talk alot of ##### about me, and that he now likes some snob girl. So I told him I wasn't waiting for him anymore..And he said it wasn't true..but I can't believe him..but the thing is..I am still in love with him..and I know I'll get depressed again...is it worth it to make a stand and go against my feelings for him?

If you want to be in a relationship with him you're going to need to trust him or you never will be happy in it. If you can't trust him enough to believe him, then don't get involved again. If you think he is truly being sincere and it will make you happy to get back together with him than do it. If you do feel like you want to get back together with him, just make sure it's him you're missing and not the idea of him. Either way, try to stay happy and watch out for yourself. Take care. Bonne chance.

I know what you feel like, but with me I was dumped after 7 months for another girl even though my man still said he loved me. Take time out and think about things. You hurt him too. He probably does need time to think and just let him do that. You are only 16, like me, and I am sure that there will be other guys if this doesn't work out. It sounds like he still might have feelings for you if he started to talk to you again. Just give him time because he is probably scared of getting hurt again. I wish you the best of luck with this.

Hi everyone..I'm new at this..But I need help..I'm a 16 year old female, and until recently, had not been familiar with the pain that love can bring. I had been going out with my boyfriend Mark for 6 monthes. We started going out last spring break..and we made it through the summer and into this new school year. I broke it off about 3 monthes ago..cuz I thought that I wasn't happy with the relatioship. I knew I had lost a good man..but I thought my happiness would be worth it. I wasn't happy because he is straightedge..which means no alcohol or drugs...I'm not saying I'm a druggy..but at the time I smoked cigarettes and drank with my friends every now and then. He would not let me do what I want, and therefore I grew unhappy. During the three monthes without Mark, I grew very depressed. I realized that partying didn't make me happy at all..I drank still..and everytime I did I would just end up crying and depressed..But lately..he dumped his girlfriend Samantha that he went out with for about a month..and he started talking to me..and he'd call me..ask me if I'd chill with him...but now with sports I'm busy..and I can't hang out with him. This xmas eve EVE,I was talking to him and crying to him that I wanted to be with him..and he say he "needed time to think about things". Well now recently I have heard that he used to talk alot of ##### about me, and that he now likes some snob girl. So I told him I wasn't waiting for him anymore..And he said it wasn't true..but I can't believe him..but the thing is..I am still in love with him..and I know I'll get depressed again...is it worth it to make a stand and go against my feelings for him?