new guy - new qn

this particular case doesn't bother me much, but i'm curious if i'm interpreting things correctly.

there's a guy i've met in one of my classes - we always sit together (his initiative), and chat a bit after class. once, we had to meet to exchange notes, and he suggested we go for lunch. i had to go home, though, which i told him, and thanked him for the intivation.

after that, i stayed friendly as always (only seen him once since then).

now, my question is:

option A - "if he's interested in taking our chats outside of the lecture hall, he'll suggest something again"

option B - "he took my no as 'she's not interested', and i need to suggest doing something together if i am actually interested"

which one is it? or a 3rd one? or no way to tell? heheh

thanks,

-yes =)

PS I'm not RLLY interested, but i'd go for lunch if he asked again, to see how it goes.

I think he sensed you were fairly indifferent, which you seem to be. However, if you didn't care why would you post this?

People's worst fear is rejection. It's not likely he'll ask again unless he gets a lot of encouragement from you...and why would you do that if you're really not all that interested?

• Author

i would, because

- he's the type i've never dated before

- he's leaving town within half a year, so it'd be easy to keep it casual in light of the move

- while i'm not very attracted, he's pretty bright, and i enjoy talking to him

I think i'll suggest something if opportunity presents itself.

Thanks for your reply.

-yes

[color=darkred]The way you say the events unfolded just sounded to me like two people in similar situations being civil. With just that dialog, I wouldn't read very far into it. He probably wanted to meet over lunch because he was hungry and figured it would be a gentlemanly gesture to invite you. Thats just how it sounds to me.

:bunny: Drew :bunny:[/color]