im not sure why i did it

careButConfused

Im living with a guy for about a year now. We moved country recently and are just settling in so i dont know people. It is his home country so he does. Anyway, he´s a very sweet caring person and I love him for that but i´m not sure if i´m "in love" with him. Our sex life hasn´t exactly been what I would have imagined it would, i.e. i would expect there to be a lot more desire and passion on my end if he was really "the love of my life". I know passion must wane a bit, but i think a year is too soon for that, and anyway, i´m not sure how much passion there ever was

I met him when he was still married, unhappily, and it started out as a fling. Then he decided to leave his wife and I went through the divorce with him. I am very sure he would have left at some stage, as his ex had a lot of problems , but im not sure when he would have left. As a result, sometimes i feel maybe he is just with me because he is afraid of being alone, even though he tells me he´s in love with me, etc. He asked me to marry him very early on, and often i feel he is terrified (for no good reason) that i will just leave. Perhaps he feels insecure because he is 10 years older and has 2 kids which of course tie him down.

ANyway, to come to the issue, he has been away on business fora few days abroad and also to see his kids this weekend in the other country, and after a fun night out with friends I pick up this guy on the way home. Dont ask me how, it just happened. I felt like I really needed some attention and some passion, which is what i got. I didnt have sex with him, because I dont usually do that the first time i meet someone, but we did lots of other stuff that i feel bad saying i enjoyed, like, for example, the guy was a lot better kisser than my current bf.

I'm wondering if I'm just having doubts and this doesn't really mean anything, just a little slipup on my part, or if I really need to look at the relationship and decide if i want it to continue. I would hate to be cheated on, so I feel bad continuing it if it's not all i want.

Please advise...