What's next

I have had this friend at school since fourth grade, we are seniors now. In the previous eight years I have never given any thought to anything besides friends, but during our junior prom when nearly five people told me to ask her (I never did) I started to think about it, and found myself attracted to her. For the sake of friendship (She's probably the best friend I could ever ask for) I never did anything. Then I had a lovely dream where she was "dating" (Just holding hands and talking to) her cousin. When I woke up I obviously knew this was stupid and impossible but in the dream I did not - and was extremely jealous.

So after talking to a few mutual friends I decided I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't talk to her about it. I caught her before lunch outside of the library last Wednesday (September 12th) and said something roughly like this:

Me: "I need to talk to you, and you're probably going to hate me because I know how you are in these situations..." (She hasn't dated anyone since 7th grade, because people who ask her always do it the wrong way, we're both Christian so she's not one for their strong approaches)

Her: "Ok"

Me: "I need to tell you this because you're my friend: I think I like you"

<She made and held a smile>

Her: "You like me?"

Me: "Yeah...and you need to tell me no..."

Her: "No I don't like you, but it's ok, a lot of people are like that."

So she gave me a high five and we walked to lunch, and she said on her way "I'm just weird"

I said all this to say that we're still friends, and she doesn't seem any different really, except that that day she seemed closer to maybe try and stress the point that it's ok. However, I find myself really jealous of the five guys that like to flirt with her, in spite of the fact that she's probably completely oblivious. Or when she chooses a seat not beside mine. I want to just forget it because I figure that I've played my card and lost and there is nothing I can do, but I simply can't. Long winded, maybe, but I'd appreciate any advice from here, I tried to include important details.

• Author

I should also add that the first week of this month, I let her take me around Tallahassee to tell me how to spend $200 because she spent 13 text messages while she was sick trying to convince me to let her give me a "makeover" (Clothes and a hair cut) :)

it looks like she only considers you as a friend..... I guess all I can tell you to do is try to move on. And You live in North Florida eh? cool lol ive got friends goin to school at FSU.