I don't understand this

Why would a guy ask for email to keep in touch and not write? I thought we were friends. He would talk to me about his problems with girls and ask for advice, and we all shared good laughs (not about his problems! lol).

He did give me compliments but I don't take them seriously, since I'm a) I'm not available; and b) he's a ladies man so he compliments probably pretty much every woman. It just sucks that when I meet/make a friend they seem to turn their back on me. I really expected that our conversations would continue since he was nice and it was fun to hang out for all of us (my H included).

Maybe he wanted more than friendship? But I'm not the straying kind. Maybe he opens up to everyone and I wasn't a friend in his eyes afterall? But I don't understand why ask for my email if you're not going to keep in touch. What is up?? I'm confused and disappointed...

It sounds like you're too attached to this guy and he knows you're married. It sort of is pointless and going nowhere.

Maybe you need some female friends to help out and listen to, offer up advice. It is possible that you listening and helping him with his problems he developed feelings for you.

Let's put it this way, are you comfortable telling your husband about this? Would you be comfy knowing that your husband had a female friend, whom he helped, like you're helping this guy? Would you be okay with them emailing eachother? And, most of all, would you be hurt knowing that your husband felt confused and disappointed that she didn't email him?

Ya, isn't a husband a women's everything. Who needs other friends emailing if ya got that. Seems pointless, if your mind strays anyway.

There's the possibility that he's met someone. A lot of guys wont txt, email or call female friends in order to keep the peace with their current girlfriend. I wouldn't take it personally.

Would you be more upset if he continuosly contacted you, knowing you are in a relationship?

We can't win either way with men. good luck

• Author

Thanks for your replies. My husband knows about it, I tell him everything that's the way to keep marriage together! We hang out together. We have a strong relationship and noone can come between us. You see I was treating this guy as a friend, and you are right I need more female friends. I think I become attached to people too fast/soon, and it has nothing to do with developing romantic feelings, I just care about them. I always feel sad when friends go.

Whichwayisup, thanks for posing questions they've directed me to many answers! Aintayankee, what do you mean my "mind strays anyway"? I think if I'm not ever thinking of someone romantically then it's not straying.

Debbi, you're right on that one! Yes I'd be upset if he was inappropriately contacting me, but just talking about life isn't inappropriate. My H would write but it's a drag to him, so I email from both of us. I guess sure it wouldn't continue forever, how much can we really talk about (without being too personal)?

Thanks again for your answers ;)

Ya, isn't a husband a women's everything. Who needs other friends emailing if ya got that.

LOL that is such nonsense. She's married, not dead. We all need friends and if she values his friendship and enjoys his company, then what's wrong with wanting to keep in touch?