I love someone I shouldn't!!!

artistinlove20

artistinlove20

This fall I started college and I really like one of my instructors. But the thing is.. its a girl.. and I am a girl. Ive never EVERRR had lesbian thoughts before.. ever in my life. (im 20). Ive had a boyfriend for 8 months and I was head of heals in love with him until i came here and met my instructor. She is amazing and I really want to get to know her more! I think she is single. But she is A LOT older then me. I think she is in her late 40's. && a 13 year old daughter. But I heard she is single. She strikes me as the type that could be Bi. But I am not sure. She smiles at me allllllllllll the time and she loves my art work.. so I know she notices me. How do I start up a relationship with her? I really wanna be close with her. I dont HAVE to be her "partner". but for some reason I really want us to be close. She is just amazing and she makes me wanna do push harder for my goals. I think about her alll the time. Am I crazy?? Ive never felt this way before. I know the feelings I feel is sincere. Ive even gone on a break from my boyfriend bc my feelings for my instructor are so strong that its not fair for me to be with my boyfriend and not be 100% into him. (I could never tell him that I like my instructor..)

can anyone make sense of this or help? Im so lost. what do I do?

melodymatters

You might just have a "girl crush" and be very impressed with this woman without being in love with her, or actually wanting anything sexual.

Why don't you just approach her as a friend and mentor, telling her she is somone you admire and would like her guidence and friendship if she has the time.

THEN, if it seems to be a sexual/romatic/love thing, cross that bridge when you come to it.

• Author
artistinlove20

how do i go about telling her that? I cant take her aside and be like I wanna get to know you more. I try making small side conversations with her.. but they only last a min or so.