How do I get through this?

Jessica

I have been dating a man for two years. He has been seperated from his wife for several years and tells me soon they will be divorced-some day . She is involved with us in every aspect of living, such as attending all of his family dinners and etc. This has been extrememly heartbreaking to me. Also I have found that he has been cheating with other women over the past two years. Recently I could not take it any more and broke up with him. Within one weeks time he has moved in with another woman. Why does this hurt so bad? And Why do I put up with this?

You may not think so just yet, but I think that it is great that you have found enough courage to realize that you deserve better than what this guy was giving to you. It doesn't matter what he said he was going to do, he did not love you with the kind of love that you want or deserve. It sounds like he was playing quite a few people for what he could get. It will hurt for a while, you had strong feelings for this guy. You were with him for a long time. It is natural that these feelings will be there. It probably didn't help because it looks like he has moved on with his life, and you are still sitting there. All in all, you are going to find someone great to be with. He is still stuck in the same situation he was in before, and will probably never change. You don't want or need anyone like that. Take your time to grieve over this, then move on, you will be suprise how much guys like women who respect themselves, and know that they deserve something truly special. Don't worry, you did the right thing, there is definately something better.

I have been dating a man for two years. He has been seperated from his wife for several years and tells me soon they will be divorced-some day . She is involved with us in every aspect of living, such as attending all of his family dinners and etc. This has been extrememly heartbreaking to me. Also I have found that he has been cheating with other women over the past two years. Recently I could not take it any more and broke up with him. Within one weeks time he has moved in with another woman. Why does this hurt so bad? And Why do I put up with this?