He loves me?

buggirl

Hi, I wrote earlier to say I was afraid to say "I love you" to my boyfriend. Well, I did it. I just held him close so I couldn't see his face and whispered it in his ear one night. He was happy to hear it, he started crying because he said no woman had ever said that to him before. (which was pretty moving because he never cries)

The thing is, he said he doesn't feel like he can say it. He does so many wonderful things for me every day. He helps to support me because I'm paying my way through college, he makes me dinner, he cleaned my apartment up for me and buys me groceries every week. This morning he woke up at 7 and snuck out of bed to make me breakfast, then drove me to work (I usually walk). I don't know what to think. I told him that there's no pressure and that my love is a gift to him, so I really don't ask for anything in return.

He told me that he feels a lot of pressure saying the words. He usually doesn't say very much how he feels, he's not very good at expressing himself when it comes to emotions. When he's upset, he mostly keeps it to himself. His family is very quiet and reserved like that. My family is loud and obnoxious and very touchy-feely, so although I'm the quiet one in my family, I still like to cuddle and I am very open with how I feel.

I don't know what to think. On the one hand, I feel like I might be selling myself short to stay with a man who can't say he loves me. On the other, he treats me so well and shows me that he cares for me. I can't imagine being happier with anyone else. Are words that important?

Some people can easily say they love you when they don't really mean it. Others can love you, yet it's not in their nature to express it verbaly.

This guy is saying he loves you in his actions. That says more than a few english words.

Hi, I wrote earlier to say I was afraid to say "I love you" to my boyfriend. Well, I did it. I just held him close so I couldn't see his face and whispered it in his ear one night. He was happy to hear it, he started crying because he said no woman had ever said that to him before. (which was pretty moving because he never cries)

The thing is, he said he doesn't feel like he can say it. He does so many wonderful things for me every day. He helps to support me because I'm paying my way through college, he makes me dinner, he cleaned my apartment up for me and buys me groceries every week. This morning he woke up at 7 and snuck out of bed to make me breakfast, then drove me to work (I usually walk). I don't know what to think. I told him that there's no pressure and that my love is a gift to him, so I really don't ask for anything in return. He told me that he feels a lot of pressure saying the words. He usually doesn't say very much how he feels, he's not very good at expressing himself when it comes to emotions. When he's upset, he mostly keeps it to himself. His family is very quiet and reserved like that. My family is loud and obnoxious and very touchy-feely, so although I'm the quiet one in my family, I still like to cuddle and I am very open with how I feel. I don't know what to think. On the one hand, I feel like I might be selling myself short to stay with a man who can't say he loves me. On the other, he treats me so well and shows me that he cares for me. I can't imagine being happier with anyone else. Are words that important?

I think that if he loves you it will show. Showing it is more important than saying it. You can always say it, but to show it is far better. Thats when you know its real. It sounds to me lke he loves you. He will say it when he feels comfortable with himself enough to say it. He is probably scared of the words and thats normal. Give it some time.

The thing is, he said he doesn't feel like he can say it. He does so many wonderful things for me every day. He helps to support me because I'm paying my way through college, he makes me dinner, he cleaned my apartment up for me and buys me groceries every week. This morning he woke up at 7 and snuck out of bed to make me breakfast, then drove me to work (I usually walk). I don't know what to think. I told him that there's no pressure and that my love is a gift to him, so I really don't ask for anything in return. He told me that he feels a lot of pressure saying the words. He usually doesn't say very much how he feels, he's not very good at expressing himself when it comes to emotions. When he's upset, he mostly keeps it to himself. His family is very quiet and reserved like that. My family is loud and obnoxious and very touchy-feely, so although I'm the quiet one in my family, I still like to cuddle and I am very open with how I feel. I don't know what to think. On the one hand, I feel like I might be selling myself short to stay with a man who can't say he loves me. On the other, he treats me so well and shows me that he cares for me. I can't imagine being happier with anyone else. Are words that important?