Male Dumpers

I am a female dumpee. We have been apart for about 7 months. I have given him lots of space for the first 5 months and then have slowly started to email and chat with him. We have met a few times to chat about remaining friends. However, I want him back. He knows this. He still has feelings for me, I can see it in his eyes.

I have read a lot about NC and I am new to dating games, even though NC is beneficial for other purposes too.

I feel as though he is keeping me at bay as a back-up and on a string at the same time. I just recently invited him out to a halloween party on a sunday night.

He said that he doesnt know what he will be doing on a Sunday night. He is quiet and shy....he doesnt have many friends....and its a Sunday night.

He said that he is leaning towards a "yes", but he will let me know Sunday afternoon!!!

And every once in a while out of the blue he will email me with some weird blurb about nothing in particular, just to see if I am still around.

I've had enough. So, I am going to go NC....well low contact actually. We have a mutual dance class that we take together once a week. I dont want to quit on the basis of this.

My question to you guys who are the dumpers: Have you palyed the game where your dumpee is on a string or you treat her as a back-up? What if you discover that your dumpee is no-longer waiting for you, how would this make you feel? Would you be curious to what they are doing and want them back?

I'm just wondering if this will work?