will it ever end?

sad girl

I am a 22 year old graduate student who has been involved for 3 years in a long distance relationship. It's been a lonely 3 years, but my boyfriend and I really love each other. However, my boyfriend is set to go to grad school this fall also and he may not be able to study near me. We have no idea what we should do. Putting up with another three years is virtually impossible; I don't think I can do this again. I feel so lonely and sad without him here. But, I have a scholarship here and can't leave. My boyfriend was coming to study in the same city as me; but only if he gets scholarship money as the out of state fees would make it impossible otherwise. Also, my boyfriend seems to be having second thoughts as he feels the school in another state is more "academically elite" and he also wonders weather I would do the same for him. I would in a heartbeat! If anyone has any suggestions or good advice let me know. Thanks and sorry this was so long. :-)

Hi there! I know how you feel! I'm 21 and have been with my boyfriend for almost 5 years, 3 of those he has been attending college in a city an hour away from me. He's still not done yet...so I can relate to your dilemma! I say go for it! Try to stay together no matter what and see how things go. Even if it seems hard & too much to take, don't give up if you really love each other!! And even if you two would end up breaking up, you never know what will happen in the future when he's done with school. The two of you could get back together, then things might work out for you! Whatever happens I wish you the best of luck & don't give up! Keep us posted!

Daisy

I am a 22 year old graduate student who has been involved for 3 years in a long distance relationship. It's been a lonely 3 years, but my boyfriend and I really love each other. However, my boyfriend is set to go to grad school this fall also and he may not be able to study near me. We have no idea what we should do. Putting up with another three years is virtually impossible; I don't think I can do this again. I feel so lonely and sad without him here. But, I have a scholarship here and can't leave. My boyfriend was coming to study in the same city as me; but only if he gets scholarship money as the out of state fees would make it impossible otherwise. Also, my boyfriend seems to be having second thoughts as he feels the school in another state is more "academically elite" and he also wonders weather I would do the same for him. I would in a heartbeat! If anyone has any suggestions or good advice let me know. Thanks and sorry this was so long. :-)