Any Hope?

Here is a brief summary:

-Girl I knew broke up with her boyfriend and I hadn't seen her in months

-We bumped into each other randomly and decided to go for coffee

-We go for coffee and to me it almost seemed like a date because:

+We went for a walk before and after (her idea)

+She invited me over to watch a movie with her next weekend, and mentioned it a couple times

+She gave me a sip of her drink

+She went out of her way to show me how the peaks of some pillars were in alignment with the CN Tower and giggled saying "we went this way just so I could show you that!"

+She asked me to show her where I lived

-So then after I had messaged her a bit online to see how she was doing and said I looked forward to seeing the movie with her

-She then messaged me saying she didn't want to lead me on and just wanted to be my friend, and asked if I felt the same

-I admitted I liked her and she said she didn't want to see me in person anymore and I haven't seen her online since

So do I have any hope with her? I was thinking it possible that she may have actually liked me and wanted to get away from me because she was afraid of being hurt in another relationship after just being left by her bf (he left her for her friend and had cheated on her). It seemed a bit extreme to cut someone out of your life just because they like you, so I was wondering if there could be something else possibly there.

So do I have a chance and, if I do, how should I try to capitalize on it?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Blue Eyed Brain

My guess is that she maybe mending things with the ex or found someone else. Why would she want to cut off ties if not to confuse herself between you and someone else? You stated the relationship plainly, but there's a lot here that we do not know; and therefore hard to summize.

Have you tried texting her to see how she's doing?

• Author

I haven't tried messaging her on facebook anymore, and I think I am blocked on her MSN, so there isn't much I can do to talk with her.

I am slightly afraid she thought I was taking advantage of her in her vulnerable state or something, but I really hope she doesn't.

I also thought it might be possible that she liked me and was afraid to get into a relationship again and wanted time to calm herself down and thought it best to just get rid of me for now.

Also is it wrong to think a girl may be interested in you when they enthusiastically invite you to watch a movie with them alone a few times? Am I likely to have totally misread that?

And, is it normal to pretty much cut someone out of your life because they tell you they like you when they ask? It just seemed really cold to me...

I think the last two points of your summary pretty much say what's going on here. She just broke up with her boyfriend, over painful circumstances..so chances are she may be lonely, and misses the companionship of a man. So she was in a sense, treating you like you guys were dating. But once she found out that you have feelings for her, she backed out, not wanting things to get complicated. Thus preventing a rebound situation. And if thats the case, be thankful for that.

If she went out of her way to block you and not respond... just take that as it is, and move on. She may contact you again after awhile, but dont count on that.

• Author
I think the last two points of your summary pretty much say what's going on here. She just broke up with her boyfriend, over painful circumstances..so chances are she may be lonely, and misses the companionship of a man. So she was in a sense, treating you like you guys were dating. But once she found out that you have feelings for her, she backed out, not wanting things to get complicated. Thus preventing a rebound situation. And if thats the case, be thankful for that.

If she went out of her way to block you and not respond... just take that as it is, and move on. She may contact you again after awhile, but dont count on that.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. *sigh*

It isn't often I run into someone I like as much as I did her.

I guess it is out of my hands though...