Friends with benefits

Help my neighbor is playing the avoidence game towards me again. We both agreed to be friends with benefits and to keep it a secret. I thought we were having a blast, I even asked him what's up and the only answer he could give me was theres no problems. Three weeks ago we hooked up, because he asked for it, and now hes slowly avoiding me. He saw me walking to the corner store and said hey and tried to sort of drive close to me. I knocked on his door to ask him was he trying to run me over and he laugh like he was just playing with me. He asked who I was talking to on the phone, he has asked me where I'm going when he sees me leaving. First time we met, I was introduced to him by my ex who now is back in my life, and I let my neighbor know this through a letter I wrote to him.

He knows about my relationship and he met my two kids. I don't know if it's the obscene letters I write to him each time we have our explosive fun, I even leave naked pictures and cookies in his mailbox just a little hello, no harm done, he even told me he keeps all my letters. We have similar childhood backgrounds, both our moms passed away and his dad left him, my daddy was kicked out by my mama. So we have issues, when it comes to accepting someone who is nice and kind, to being abandoned. He also told me hes not avoiding me, he started working a second job, to keep busy so he doesn't drink.

Anyway I knocked on his window, seen him laying on the couch and he did not get up to answer the door, what a, a-hole, he has a problem communicating, but not a problem expressing his needs. I think hes depressed, sometimes his blinds are shut and there are times on the weekends he doesn't leave the house. he is twenty four and I'm in my late thirties and hot. He is white and I'm black, I am his first black women he has ever been with. Any advice on this let me know. Peace