so why is he doing this

so I like this guy that has never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl before. I have had alot of guys like me but I havent found one that I like back so I dont have alot of experience either. Basically, this guy did some things that convinced me and everyone else for awhile that he must like me but is too shy to do anything about it. But when some of his friends found out I like him, they told him and nudged him on a bit (they later apologized) but as I know of they def. have stopped. When they did these things he told his close friends he didnt like me so I gave up, and realized I must have read his actions wrong before.

I dont see him a whole lot anymore anyway, but on passing he still always says hi to me. I havent been really even doing this on purpose, but the past 3 times I havent responded back, meaning I didnt say HI outloud back, but I have looked at him so its not like I have been completely ignoring him. I didnt even think he'd notice- he is such a clueless guy- but he did, and the other day he asked my good friend why when he does this he doesnt get a response back. Is this because he liked the attention of me liking him (which is weird because when his friends talked to him about it he got annoyed) or maybe he hasnt realized Im feeling a bit scorned?

• 1 month later...
confuzedgurl

this sounds like wat happened to me....my bf told his friends he didnt like me cuz he didnt want to make a big deal outta even though he did like me..he didnt want to tell me was cuz he thought i didnt like him---which i did.i felt disappointed when his friends told me he said he didnt like me so i ignored him for a while...until he told me so i think u should maybe give some hints as well...u kknow and if he still doesnt get it the go and tell him directly