How do I know that he's the right one??

Ok I know that i love my bf but te recently proposed to me and now I'm not so sure if I'm positive he's the right one for me. I know I love him and I know he loves me. I just don't want to marry him and find out he's not the one. Any Idea on how I can tell he's the one for me????

If he is truly the one, you just know. If not, he's not. But I am afraid a lot of people get togetber anyway.

If you have doubts, marrying wouldn't be fair I guess. But it could also be that it is in your nature to worry.

Ok I know that i love my bf but te recently proposed to me and now I'm not so sure if I'm positive he's the right one for me. I know I love him and I know he loves me. I just don't want to marry him and find out he's not the one. Any Idea on how I can tell he's the one for me????

Perhaps I'm getting cynical in my old age (28), but I chuckle to myself when I hear people say "the one". I used to believe in soul-mates, and some people I know report this to be the case for them. That's wonderful. However, I think by and large, for the majority of us, there is not "the one", but probably "many" people that you could marry and live long, happy lives with. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that you marry someone that you have strong doubts about. If there are strong doubts, such as this person doesn't show you respect or you argue a lot over nothing, etc. then definetly marriage is not a good thing for you two. However, I believe it is normal (even for the happiest of couples) to have "doubts". Gosh, marriage is forever (or is supposed to be); that's scary. You need to seriously consider yourself spending decades and decades with this person; sharing everything with them. Never being with anyone else. Think long and hard, because you should be fairly certain and the love has got to be so strong that you can't imagine being without this person. However, I believe that some level of doubt is normal (and even healthy), and that there being a "one" for each of us is absurd. Call me crazy, but after being in numerous relationships, some horrible and some absolutely wonderful, this is what I strongly believe. I would be interested in hearing how things go for you. Good luck!

If he is truly the one, you just know. If not, he's not. But I am afraid a lot of people get togetber anyway. If you have doubts, marrying wouldn't be fair I guess. But it could also be that it is in your nature to worry.