need Very Fast

hey,

theres a girl at work who I like....She told a few ppl that she thinks Im cute. And awhile back a coworker asked if she liked me and she said yes.

I was going to ask her out but she had a boyfriend and everything.

The thing is apparently she broke up with him today. it was a long distance relationship; and she never met him

She's been going out with this dude since the beginning of August. So I've been waiting awhile to ask her out...She broke up with him before for a couple days a few weeks ago, and then got back together with him; i would've asked her out but I was out of state....

When should I ask her out? I don't want to be insensitive and ask her right after she broke up with him. But I don't want to wait at all and miss my chance. She's surronded by guys it seems....Please tell me what I should do asap..I really don't want to screw this up...

Don't stick your dink in the company ink. It'll make things awkward at work if you happen to break up with her.

OR it could turn out fabulously.

Im not saying that it "couldnt" turn bad" but..... I met someone at work while I was dating someone else and after me and my ex broke up this guy (who I had been talking to on a friendship level for some time) asked me out. Weve since gotten engaged and will be married next april.

So you never know.

But it is true that if it turns bad- that could be very awkward and have lots of tension at work.

• Author

Can anyone answer my question?

Should I ask her out now or should I wait a few days?

I don't want to miss my chance but I don't want to be insensitive...

Should I ask her out now or should I wait a few days?

Go for it. If she's all broken up about it then a few days wont make a difference. And if she's not all upset about it then she will be just right for plucking. Heck, it IS Thanksgiving, go pluck her.

i change my vote- thanks to wizer- i agree that if shes broken up about it a few days isnt going to change anything.

i change my vote- thanks to wizer- i agree that if shes broken up about it a few days isnt going to change anything.

I change my vote thanks to heathered1201. Don't be pushy. Wait a few days.

I change my vote thanks to heathered1201. Don't be pushy. Wait a few days.

Oh lord!!! Kid, do whatever you feel is right to do! Carpe diem!

I am probably to late for my addition ...

But seriously if you fancy her and wish to have a chance with her then just ask her, let her know your feelings , even if she says NO because she has just broken up, at least she will know you have feelings for her and perhaps when she is ready she will come to you..

You only live once so just go for it.

SuperFantastico

I say if she currently broken up, go for it. What have you got to lose.

a) its a fling and its fast and fun

b)she says no, but you've established that you are not looking for a friend but a girlfriend.

c)it works out

d)it ends horribly and you melt into a fleshy blood puddle(47% chance this wont happen)

Im the guy who didnt take the chance and its one of my regrets.

Fortune favors the bold my friend ;)

d)it ends horribly and you melt into a fleshy blood puddle(47% chance this wont happen)

How hard is it to scrape yourself off the floor, instead of picking yourself up? I wouldn't recommend dusting yourself off if this happens. It might get messy.

If you date at work and you work in the same area, expect drama if it doesn't work out. I don't think you're in any form of management because you sound pretty young, so that's not a concern. If all the stars and moons align at work, go for it.

SuperFantastico

See above warning. I forgot to mention this ;)

This could be a trick by the man to keep you down. The establishment is insideous like that.

• Author

hey,

just thought I give u guys an update...

she got back together with him about a day after I posted this but apparently he called it quits for good today.... I probably won't see her until friday or saturday at best....so hopefully she'll stay single long enough for me to ask her out.

I could probably ask her out over myspace or sumthing...but I think asking her out in person would be better...

thanks for all your help u guys..now I just gotta pray she stays single

SuperFantastico

Just remember man, you are gonna be the rebound guy. If you are cool with that, then go for it. Also, there seems to be a good chance she might dump you for this guy again.

Not the best candidate for a relationship there.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes we could all point out the reasons for not even trying for this.

But seriously no one here knows if it could work or not...many people find excuses not to venture forth into no mans land...

Just go for it, if its meant to be it will work, no matter what obsticels are in both of your paths