cecilie/re: what's the deal

james

hey remember the girl i told you about??? well she call's and says she still want's to be friends... am I stupid for even talking to her??? I told her why I was still upset and she says she doesn't want to talk about it now.....like nothing has ever happened.....

Wow, this is very strange. I think sometimes, especially more nowadays than ever before, there's a certain power struggle between men and women in relationships, either platonic or romantic or in between. It's an unconscious drive to exert a stronger influence in the relationship.

For me, I would be very cautious about entering into any kind of interaction with this woman, just because of the old adage, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!" You see, she's displayed a pattern of behavior or coping mechanisms. This is probably a long-term pattern with roots in previous relationships, childhood, personal fears, etc. A few months won't change a person's dominant response to something complete new.

You're not stupid to give her another chance. Too nice, maybe. Just don't let her manipulate you or walk on you. If it's not worth the effort in your opinion, let it go.

hey remember the girl i told you about??? well she call's and says she still want's to be friends... am I stupid for even talking to her??? I told her why I was still upset and she says she doesn't want to talk about it now.....like nothing has ever happened.....

I agree with you completely, but to get that call really makes you wonder. thanks for the toughts...

Wow, this is very strange. I think sometimes, especially more nowadays than ever before, there's a certain power struggle between men and women in relationships, either platonic or romantic or in between. It's an unconscious drive to exert a stronger influence in the relationship. For me, I would be very cautious about entering into any kind of interaction with this woman, just because of the old adage, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!" You see, she's displayed a pattern of behavior or coping mechanisms. This is probably a long-term pattern with roots in previous relationships, childhood, personal fears, etc. A few months won't change a person's dominant response to something complete new. You're not stupid to give her another chance. Too nice, maybe. Just don't let her manipulate you or walk on you. If it's not worth the effort in your opinion, let it go.