Rules of Casual Dating

Hi, I was just wondering whether it is okay to throw out the rule book of dating if you are just seeing someone casually? I am only interested in this person on a friendship/sexual level (they feel the same way), therefore is it okay for me to forego the whole, 'hard to get' game? I normally would never initiate lots of contact with someone in the early stages of a r'ship, or text them with saucy messages, but is this acceptable when you're not pursuing a committed relationship with them?

I think you ought to conduct relationships with all people with consideration and respect.

Now, a relationship is either casual or sexual....but a casual sexual relationship is an oxymoron. If you go the the cashier at a department store to pay for your purchase, that's a casual relationship...if you screw him or her behind the counter, that's a casual sexual relationship. The same rules apply.

The relationship you describe seems to be one devoid of the element of passion or desire for eventual committment. It sounds like you're just sort of friends with benefits. So if that's the case, I think all the BS stuff that's attendent to a romantic relationship can be dispensed with.

Just be yourself, be kind, do nice things together, and screw your brains out while it lasts. No rules, just respect and kindness. These hardly ever last long because one or the other eventually develops feelings which are unilateral and heartbreak ensues.

Have fun and don't worry about how things unfold. Conduct yourself like a decent humand being and you'll be just fine.