Best friend and future fiancee do not get along

Holly

Hello! If anyone could give me their input on my situation, that would be great...

I have been with my boyfriend about 9 months. He is 25, I am 24. We have been looking at rings and are seriously talking about marriage. One problem, he and my best friend do not like each other. She has not liked him from the beginning. He and I were both coming out of other relationships and were both hedging a bit on who to be with. For some reason she only sees that he was doing this, not me as well. Once our relationship started, it has been wonderful. However, it seems like she just never gave him a chance from the beginning. I always tell her how happy I am but she doesn't seem to hear it. We have arguements periodically but we have had one big fight. I went to her to talk about it since she is my best friend. Well, ever since she just hates him and bad mouths him to all of my other friends. Consequentally, not too many of my friends like him now. My boyfriend is uncomfortable and will not even socialize with her anymore. We do have other friends we go out with but she is my best friend (or supposed to be). What can I do? I am at a loss. Is he being unreasonable for refusing to even talk to her? He knows she has bad mouthed him. Or is it my best friend that is wrong here. HELP! What can I do? Thanks for your help!

Most likely your best friend is looking out for your interest. She probably sees something wrong with him that you don't see because you are blinded by love. Maybe you would be better off in the long run if you find a boyfriend that your best friend approves of. It is always good to get advice from someone who is not love spelled. It's good you have a friend who cares.

Hello! If anyone could give me their input on my situation, that would be great... I have been with my boyfriend about 9 months. He is 25, I am 24. We have been looking at rings and are seriously talking about marriage. One problem, he and my best friend do not like each other. She has not liked him from the beginning. He and I were both coming out of other relationships and were both hedging a bit on who to be with. For some reason she only sees that he was doing this, not me as well. Once our relationship started, it has been wonderful. However, it seems like she just never gave him a chance from the beginning. I always tell her how happy I am but she doesn't seem to hear it. We have arguements periodically but we have had one big fight. I went to her to talk about it since she is my best friend. Well, ever since she just hates him and bad mouths him to all of my other friends. Consequentally, not too many of my friends like him now. My boyfriend is uncomfortable and will not even socialize with her anymore. We do have other friends we go out with but she is my best friend (or supposed to be). What can I do? I am at a loss. Is he being unreasonable for refusing to even talk to her? He knows she has bad mouthed him. Or is it my best friend that is wrong here. HELP! What can I do? Thanks for your help!