Is food fight abuse or effective way to solving disputes?

foxtails_pm

Hi I'm currently in a 7 month relationship with g/f and sometimes I have a hard time with her. Her story traces back to being cheated on by two different duded and as a result she's a jealous freak.

Well the problem is that sometimes when we argue, she's goes crazy saying all sorts of names and insult in the book followed by temper tantrums. I come up with sarcastism followed by throwing mustard, ketchup, unckooked rice or soaking her with coke (any soda). And off course she goes to either screaming some more or slapping me in the face. On two occassions when she was getting trashy again I spit in her face and she punch me, next thing it was the food fight again.

I'm not sure if this is abuse, but she is the wrong person here with problems. I end up telling that if someone comes she's the that's gonna get busted because I haven't ever lay a hand on her.

Ohmygod, you two need to break up immediately and get yourselves into therapy. Food fights are immature and ridiculous and yes, can be abusive. But the slapping and spitting and punching are definitely abusive and BOTH of you have problems if this is how you do things.

Do you understand that a vast majority of people NEVER even CONSIDER throwing food, slapping, spitting and punching each other, EVER, no matter how angry or frustrated they are?

BOTH of you are in the wrong, and BOTH of you need to learn how to deal with your anger. In the meantime, you do not belong together at all.

Ohmygod, you two need to break up immediately and get yourselves into therapy. Food fights are immature and ridiculous and yes, can be abusive. But the slapping and spitting and punching are definitely abusive and BOTH of you have problems if this is how you do things.

Do you understand that a vast majority of people NEVER even CONSIDER throwing food, slapping, spitting and punching each other, EVER, no matter how angry or frustrated they are?

BOTH of you are in the wrong, and BOTH of you need to learn how to deal with your anger. In the meantime, you do not belong together at all.

Enough said.

If you have to wonder if this type of behavior is good or bad for resolving problems, then it is advisable for YOU to have individual counseling. Then when you have learned how to behave in a relationship, you can consider a girlfriend.

As for this gf, it does not sound like the two of you are compatible.

This situation is clearly serious; I agree with what NJ said; you both need help.

But I love the Animal House quality of the term "food fight" combined with the textbook psychology phrasing of "Effective way to solve disputes." Classic.

I am assuming this is not the gf who kept knives by her bed, is it?

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t91623/

So, did you go from a gf who loves knives to one who throws food?

Maybe counseling IS good for you. It will help you decide who you are and what you want in a relationship.

• Author
I am assuming this is not the gf who kept knives by her bed, is it?

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t91623/

So, did you go from a gf who loves knives to one who throws food?

Maybe counseling IS good for you. It will help you decide who you are and what you want in a relationship.

No that was my sick ex. At least this one has emotions like any human being and is predictable.