Was I a One night Thing?

Hey,

I have kinda an ackward thing going on right on, that has me somewhat confused. Kinda long, but would love some advice. Hmmmm where to start....

I say it started at work oh say 6 months ago. I saw this girl and like, wow! I fell for her so hard, she makes me laugh, she is so cute. We work together in a rather large store, so seeing her isn't always gaurenteed, but mostly i can. But anyway, we got to be good friends, you know for the first few months, and i told her i liked her, and asked her if she would like to go out sometime she said yes. After that we talked on the phone for a while but it slowly faded off into nothing. Till Recently! About 2 weeks ago, she comes up to me, and was like, "hey, you still want to go out and i was sure!" So we went out right ... It went good, you could say, I took her out to eat, we talked alot there lol was there for about 2 hours just talking. Well, we didn't know what to do next so we went back to my place, i picked up a cd for her and left my house. Well, umm on the way there we where talking, and she sorta made some "moves" on me that resulted in us going back to my house and having a REALLY good time for a couple of hours ;). It was good, afterwards dropped her back at her place. And we talked alot on the phone for the past two weeks i mean like, 3 to 4 hours at a time. We have another date set up this weekend, but i think I messed up, i sorta told her i love you, in the middle of our Realllly good time. Did i mess up? It seems like she dosen't want to talk as much any more, phone calls have stopped comming from her end, and when i call it seems like she dosen't want to talk much, lots of long pauses. Does she like me? Was i a one night stand for her? I asked her if she liked me, she said she has alot of care for me. Is this like normal reltionship stuff? I have never really had like reltionship before, she was my first, but she has had alot more experience than me and she is about 4 years older so I dunno? Any advice, does she like me? was i a one night thing? I really like this gal.

Thanks so much!

Any input wanted,

DooWahDitty

I'd say you probably scared her with the "i love you." Best thing to do is back off and stay busy for a bit... maybe wait for her to call you? Just play it cool and keep yourself busy with positive things.

• 2 weeks later...
Racquel Colette

I don't know if you scared her off with the 'I love you' thing, I just do think she isn't that into you and doesn't want to date you. So yes, I do think it was a one-night thing for her. OH well, at least you had one really good night!

TryAndMakeItWork

Hey Dowahditty,

I'd have to say that by saying that she was just caught off guard and having a lot of different feelings. Since you havent been dating THAT long she probably thought it was weird that you were already feeling that way, at least before she did. You say that it seems that she doesnt want to talk to you as much, chances are shes confused and doesnt know how to act around you. So what I would suggest it telling her that you notice that she is doing this. Sit her down on the couch and say, "I noticed that you've been acting funny after I said 'I love you.'" just talk it over, tell her how you feel. But the bottom line is, you have to confront the issue, this will help you get closer to each other while solving the problem. If you dont talk about it she will keep getting farther and farther away from you.

Hope that helps