Just Friends???

There is a younger guy at work that I started sleeping with. We hang out and email each other constantly. I would give him advice on girls, etc. One day I realized that I started having feelings for him so I ended the sex relationship, but continued the friendship. He kept trying to get me to come back to his house, he has called and emailed me about it. I always came up with some excuse.

That was a year ago, and he is still trying to get me to have sex with him. He was always talking to me at work, staring at me, and seemed to notice when other guys would talk to me. A few weeks ago, I told him that we needed to just keep things on a friendly level. He stopped speaking to me at all and wouldn't even look at me, and avoided me. This infuriated me.

I asked him what his problem was and told him the real reason for me keeping us "just friends". He said that he thought I wanted him to stay away. He said he wanted me to come back over but that he understood. He speaks now, but everything has changed, and he won't look at me when he talks to me. Does this mean he has a crush on me? Or just that he can't think of me any other way than sexual? Or, that I scared him by telling him my feelings, and he doesn't feel the same?

If the guy has shown no sincere desire to be your friend but has rather opted to try to get you back into his bedroom, he is not worth the time spent worrying about him. From your post, I get that he is only interested in sex.

With all the women available for sex, he must have a serious problem if he can't find other sources. There is no need to be his friend because he does not respect you and has no desire to be your friend. He has clearly shown that from his behavior. Don't flatter yourself by thinking he has a crush...his crush is for a part of you that doesn't include your heart. You began to have feelings for him while his feelings for you were mainly in his penis. You don't need that.

Go find a man who is a few years older than you, more mature, who can be a true friend to you...and maybe more if things work out that way.