What's wrong with me?

That's what I want to know...what's wrong with me? I was dumped about 5 months ago and I'm still not over this guy. I see him around town and it makes me physically ill to see him. He gave me one reason the night he dumped me, a different one when I saw him the next time....I think he gave me 6 different reasons. But the thing I can't figure out is why I still long for him?

The history. We started off as friends. He was a regular in the bar where I worked. Not an alcoholic but a regular. We started seeing each other and I tried to force myself to take interests in things he liked. I tried to make sure he was always happy and that I did nothing wrong. I told him from the beginning that I wanted this to be an open relationship where we could tell each other anything. Shortly after a month he started acting funny. And we drew it out for another couple of months and then it was over about as abruptly as it started.

This is the thing that bugs me. We dated for 3 months! Why am i so attached to him? I saw him 3 weeks later with someone else and I had a breakdown. And I thought that wouldn't it be great to meet someone new? And now I have but I am still hung up on my ex? I know I have a lot of emotional problems that stem back to my childhood but this is just one thing that boggles me? What's wrong? Any advice would be more than welcome. I thank you for your time.