I'm stuck in a difficult situation. I love my boyfriend so much, but I get jealous really easily. Unfortunately his best friend is the opposite sex and she makes me feel uneasy. I've asked to chill out with the whole friendship thing, I mean it's cool that they're friends but don't be too close. I told her that it makes me jealous and she said she understands but yet she still do things that makes me jealous. And he doesn't understand me and always take her side. The most sad thing is, he is able put whatever he is doing aside to be there for her when she needs him but he can't do that with me...

• 4 weeks later...
confuzedgurl

actually...i have the same problem..my bf's ex has always been makin me jealous and my bf's always there for her not me...my friends told me to leave him but i dont think im ready yet....i guess all the advice i can give u is to talk to him about it and try to make him understand....cuz i dont think ur ready to leave him either

My best friend's GF is having the same problem. The thing is that, we both have no feelings for one another but we're just really best buddies. We know each other way back and his GF has only known him for a year so obviously, I know him better than she does but that doesn't mean I am his first priority.

Why happened that made your BF take her side? Did you both argue over this matter or just some random things that they happen to be on the same page about them which made you feel as if he was taking her side?

I personally would not be able to love my man the same if he professed to me that his best friend was another female. I want to build a life with him that is based on a true partnership and mutual goal focus. If you are being told that you will come in second to ANY best friend, female or not, I would move on to someone who is willing to put you first. That is, if you are confident you deserve it :)

True Intimacy is not based on putting your partners needs second to a friend. If he knows what you need and can't be there for you or at least talk about it, then move on.

This is not jealousy, it is a red flag.