Need a gift idea please.

baby phat

i have been goin out with my bf for almost a year and its his birthday coming up soon and i need a gift idea that is under $100. the thing is that i want to spend it alone with him with a dinner and movie first...but i am thinking of throwing him a surprise party since he said that he never got a surprise birthday party before...but it's just so hard organizing it without him suspecting anything..so i need some help. thanx.

Help with a surprise party? Just tell his friends to show up at his place while you are at the dinner and movie. They can decorate the place with streamers and what not. Have a cake there ready for him. When he returns home after the date, he'll be surprised.

You only have $100 to spend? That is plenty for a party as long as you keep the attendance under 20.

• Author

yeah i thought about the surprise party..but then i still need to get him a present..cuz i think he's expecting one..so yeah..i want to get him something on top of a possible party..so any suggestions?! i have gotten him clothes b4..but he doesnt seem to wear it alot...got him cologne b4 but he doesnt wear that much either..got him a car model b4 but he thinks i paid too much for it...why is it that guys are so hard to shop for?!

yagottahelp

Hey, I'm a guy so this may help a little.......my gf got me an embroidered fleece blanket with our names in the corner together-she's gotten me a few yellow roses, she took me on a picnic one day in the park with just us all day, she'll make up some coupons or something for lunch and a dinner date or something with just a day with us, hope maybe some of those ideas help, i'd personally rather have a ton of little htings from the heart than an actual present, just my 2 cents though!

Yep. My guy is hard to shop for too. I usually get him small things and if I over hear him mentioning that he wants something expensive, I buy it for him.

Boxers and DVD's don't take much thought, but they always seem to work.

The picnic idea is good too. Do you cook? Make him a nice dinner.

Good luck!

• Author

well...i don't usually cook since i am kinda clumsy when it comes down to kitchen stuff..but i guess it would make an even bigger surprise if i did.

any good recipes?!?! fun food for couples?!?! or easy to make but still romantic food?!

An old saying - "the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach." Granted, I've also heard jilted females say "chest" instead, but let's move beyond that unpleasantness. :)

I would think that a night of pampering, including a homecooked meal, no matter how simple, with perhaps a backrub afterwards, would be an incredibly thoughtful gift. Can't remember the last time someone did that for me...

Point being, a night of pampering is a terrific gift. Though, if you want to assuage your own feelings of "I have to get him something!" you can go with the DVD idea from Lila. Always works.

On behalf of my gender, thanks for thinking of ways to be nice to your bf on his special day. :) Hehehe...

• Author

alrites!! thanx guys..i guess i really have to look into those recipes then. his birthday is in 3 days..guess its time to start cooking through trial and errors..!!

• 1 month later...