Suspicious/weird?

my b/f of three years has a car..and over a month ago his sister used the car for a week or two or maybe a little over a week...soon after i see a small tiny bottle of the anti bacterial lotion on the floor in the back(in back of the passenger seat)..i saw this about a month ago and i dont think my b/f saw it until yesterday b/c he was helping me get stuff out of my side of the car and then he picked it up and said this must be yours. i said it wasnt, maybe its your sisters..its not mine..later i ask him and he said he doesnt know he didnt ask..and he told me when he had to fill his tire up with air earlier he cleaned up the back seat floor(he has paper cups back there and tissues and he said now it must be with all that stuff)..he said he doesnt know who left it..i was trying to be casual about it and he said well whoever it was shouldnt have left it there in a joking type way. If it just happened why put it with trash two hours later--why not ask his sister if it was hers rather than discard it?

Is this suspicious? or if he had some girl in the car at a previous time he probably wouldnt ask if something was mine just in case? he would just discard it just in case it wasnt mine if he was guilty of something?

curiousnycgirl

I don't see it as suspicious at all. He never goes into the back seat of his car, he did with you, so while at a filling station getting more air, he took a few minutes to clean out the mess he saw.

Why does everyone read so much into the most innocent things?!

• Author

curious,

thanks for replying

thats not what i am suspicious about..im suspicious of--since it was not mine, was it another girl? noone else is a passenger in his car..so i was thinking it might have belonged to another girl.

But i reasoned it as if he had another girl in the car a month or two ago--he probably wouldnt have asked if this was mine just in case..i dont know if i am giving him too much credit or being paranoid

You never figured out if it was his sisters yet, so don't jump to conclusions about any of it.

If you really need to know, why not purchase the same one he threw out and then ask his sister if she left it in the car when she last used it.

I have to wonder why you don't just assume it is his sisters at this point and let it go?

What's really causing this suspicion? Just that? Or more?

• Author

but if he discarded it and isnt going to ask--wouldnt it be a little extreme for me to buy one and ask her? he would find out probably..

but if he discarded it and isnt going to ask--wouldnt it be a little extreme for me to buy one and ask her? he would find out probably..

Then just say "I'm so sorry I threw out your hand sanitizer, you left it inthe car" or something and see her reaction.

But the real question is-given that she was another female who used the car previously-why aren't you assuming it is hers to begin with?

That is why I asked if you have a gut feeling, or what.

You would know if your BF was being all sneaky, so maybe you picked up weird vibes. In either case, just ask her.

• Author

its not about the lotion..but i know noone else is in his car..so either it was some other girl's or it was his sister's...and i feel like if i ask her..she will almost know what i am doing and if it gets back to my b/f--that might be a problem..seeing as though my b/f said he already placed it in a bag for garbage..which i thought was weird..why not just ask ur sister if u think it might be hers...it was pretty much a full bottle.

my friend says i am completely overanalyzing this

its not about the lotion..but i know noone else is in his car..so either it was some other girl's or it was his sister's...and i feel like if i ask her..she will almost know what i am doing and if it gets back to my b/f--that might be a problem..seeing as though my b/f said he already placed it in a bag for garbage..which i thought was weird..why not just ask ur sister if u think it might be hers...it was pretty much a full bottle.

my friend says i am completely overanalyzing this

I would rather throw out a bottle of bacterial lotion than hang onto it knowing I'd always forget to give it back and have the annoying thing in my way. It's really cheap to buy, no loss.

Well if it bugs you so much, do you go to her house? It is easy enough to see if she is the type to use it.

Honestly, not a lot of women carry that with them, so I imagine you would know if it was hers ??

Wow. Talk about trying to find trouble when it doesn't exist.

For a tiny bottle of lotion, I don't know ANY guy that would start asking around whose it is before tossing it. Plus, his sister could have had her friends in the car.

Do you guys have other trust/insecurity issues?