LDR - What To Think?

28 years ago I was involved with a super guy. but he lived 3000 miles away. we had know each other since childhood.

after we decided it was too hard for either of us to move and many complications we both ended up marrying others.

now - we had both been married almost 20 years each (both divorced now) - his father put us back in touch with each other last year. he knows i don't really want to move there and he really can't move here. we agree that we will always be connected and always love each other.

we correspond by e-mail and phone on a regular basis... but now...

he met another gal that is willing to spend a lot of time with him and he likes her a lot - so i am left wondering what is my role is to play in all this mess?

i asked him today if he preferred for me to not correspond with him further and he said "don't be silly - please continue"

i have no idea how to move forward with this situation... any ideas?

28 years ago I was involved with a super guy. but he lived 3000 miles away. we had know each other since childhood.

after we decided it was too hard for either of us to move and many complications we both ended up marrying others.

now - we had both been married almost 20 years each (both divorced now) - his father put us back in touch with each other last year. he knows i don't really want to move there and he really can't move here. we agree that we will always be connected and always love each other.

we correspond by e-mail and phone on a regular basis... but now...

he met another gal that is willing to spend a lot of time with him and he likes her a lot - so i am left wondering what is my role is to play in all this mess?

i asked him today if he preferred for me to not correspond with him further and he said "don't be silly - please continue"

i have no idea how to move forward with this situation... any ideas?

Sounds like he made up his mind already. Unless you want to keep a friendship with this guy, you have no reason to be talking to him.