An ********* for an interest!

So I'm kinda no sure why I'm doing this but alright... I've gotten out of a bad relationship no so long ago. And I've been talking to this guy for a month now. He's cool in a way but an ********* too. Like we have gone back and fourth picking on each other. Its like no big deal sometimes. But he is always looking for me. And I've always asked him why is he like that an *********, he says that's who he is.

Well I ended up talking to him about my ex and he was really nice and understanding. Told me how he was with other relationships. He just told me to never go as low as my ex. So that happened.

I end up leaving for the weekend and he talked to me on a weekend. He's never done it. Before that I kept telling him that I hate him being an ******* sometimes. And he was actually caring about what I thought of him. Impressive.okay. So the weekend comes and I was just messing with him about him missing me. It was all jokes no big deal.

Come today he was being kinda mean calling me ugly, and I know I'm not. I know I'm a pretty girl. So he bugged me with that. He ended up asking me if I missed him, I wouldn't answer him but I have missed him in a way. So he kept asking till I said YES!! And he said he missed me too and thought about me. Soo he went back to being an *********. And I don't get it, like he says he misses my personality but not me! Huh? We are both in our early 20s. I need a sense to what he's trying to do. Thanks in advance.