my friend is acting weird

In a nutshell: I met this amazing guy almost a year ago. We completely hit it off; I had never felt such an immediate connection/comfortability with anyone before. However, he was going through a breakup, so nothing ever happened as he was quite sad and I was quite content being his friend. He's moved away since, but before he left, I admitted to him that I had a crush on him and said I hope that it didn't make things weird. His reply was: "This is the furthest thing from weird there could be," and said something about how when a guy and a girl becomes friends, it's usually based on some sort of attraction, but we just sort of left it at that.

I just saw him for the first time in a long time over the holidays. My feelings for him have dissapated, but I surprised myself my the way my heart almost exploded when I saw him. It was great, we caught up and had a great time. We talked about our respective dating lives, and he told me how he was dating a new girl, but quickly downplayed the situation immediately saying: "Eh, it won't last." When, I know he most likely really likes her.

He has always kept his dating life a secret from me, which honestly hurts my feelings. It makes me feel like we don't have a genuine friendship. I am very open and honest with him about my love life, and don't understand why he isn't.

Any guesses?